Foundation Year 2 Doctors
Saxonbury House hosts Year 2 (FY2) doctors throughout the year. These are qualified doctors and will have experience in several hospital specialities. The FY2 doctors are based at the Practice for a 4 month period where they hold limited appointments for patients to book. They will only deal with acute problems, not complex issues. During these sessions, they are primarily supervised by Dr Bennion and Dr Sneddon.
Specialist GP Training Doctors
This practice has been accredited as being suitable for the training of those doctors intending to become general practitioners.
This means that the practice have had to achieve a number of standards which have been assessed by the GP Deanery for Kent, Surrey and Sussex, acting on behalf of the national organisation (the Postgraduate Medical Education Board).
Some points for your information:
- Those doctors training to become GPs are called GP registrars. They are supervised by Dr Bennion and Dr Sneddon.
- The GP registrar is a fully qualified doctor who is likely to have a lot of experience of hospital medicine.
- Sometimes other doctors are also trained and supported in the practice.
- If you are seeing this doctor you can expect the quality of service you would from your own GP. If you have any concerns please mention this to a member of staff.
- In order for the GP registrars to successfully complete their training they need to be assessed on their consulting skills. This is done by the appointed assessors viewing a video of the registrar's consultations. You may be asked for your permission and there is a consent form availalble which the Dr will give you at the time.